Thursday, May 28, 2009

Music transcends self

Do you have some tunes that always remind yourself to a specific place or event or somebody?
I bet you do.

Anyway just wanna share my tunes that never fail to link me to that special place, event or somebody

1. Bob Sinclar- Love Generation

Once in a hotel at the heart of Barcelona, I switched on the TV and the music video was playing.
It quickly become the theme song of our trip across catalonia. The song has its own sense of adventure and exudes richness of Catalonian culture. Buenos Diaz!

2. The Arcade fire- Neighborhood #2 Laika

This song is the most emotional of all. No, i dont mean a tragic relationship breakup. The intense drum beating, the banshee-howling of the vocalists, the melancholy violin background, the dog bells and the ironically stimulating lyrics- roll up into one wicked tune.

"our older brother! - bit by a vampire! - for a year we caught his
tears in a cup! - and now we're gonna make you drink it! come on alex!
don't die or dry up!"

I have lost count how many times I CRIED ( due to inspirational lyrics and music) listening to this song. If I become the prime minister of one country I will quickly propose this one to become national anthem.

3. The Coral- In The Morning


I used to listen to this song everytime I start my day back in my fresher days in Liverpool.
It quickly reminds me to the smell of the student flat ( maybe a detergent used by the cleaner- who knows!). A group of talented scousers created this song and it become a legend in its own league.

4. Mr. Big- Superfantastic

A gloomy day. It was about to rain outside. I was lying on the bed in my 3-shared room in my A-Level days. The weather was not necessarily to suggest my mood but I had radio that keep playing this song- which quickly caught up in my mind.

5. Coldplay-In My Place, Fat Joe feat Ashanti- Whats Luv, Puddle Of Mudd- Blurry

Hitz fm used to air these songs every now and then when I was in high school. It was a really good 'ol time when everything was so naive hihi.

6. Silverchair- the Greatest View


This song always reminds me of my puppy love :) and the long, illegal phone calls :))

7. Paul McCartney- No More Lonely Nights

4B, Elm grove L7 3EH Liverpool. This address, this song. Bed bugs!!!


These are all that I could think of at the moment. Maybe there will be "part 2"

1 comments:

InCeK SaPpiL said...

ada..
cranberries-linger
vertical horizon-the best i ever had
pretty ugly-bidadari

sume tringat zaman mase kt terendak