Monday, July 28, 2008

The Kaninchen question










As several people asked about the meaning of "Kaninchen" I would answer it here in my blog.
Kaninchen is actually "rabbit" in german (which in grammatically correct Deutsch is Das Kaninchen).
The term derived from my beloved Deutsche Mama letter to me which addressed me as
Das Versuchskaninchen.

Das Versuchskaninchen means guinea-pig or in my case, someone who volunteered for experiment (I volunteered as her german lessons experiment). However it would be quite lengthy to write Das Versuchskaninchen and people who never learn german will have a chance of 99% (I guarantee) to incorrectly pronounce the word.

So I remove versuchs and adopt Kaninchen (Ka-Nin-tion) instead as my pseudonym.

It is catchy and fresh and Deutsch (credit goes to Mama Steffi)

4 comments:

fay said...

hehe..
ok rabbit!
noted :p

InCeK SaPpiL said...

bahasa jerman ker? seriously at first i thought it was a japanese

kaninchen_of_mersey said...

Jerman 100% heheh

i.Z.z.A.t.I said...

lol.it sounds a bit funny.however, sgt la creatv n unique! :)